木柵鐵觀音及包種茶探源
The History of Tie Kuanyin and Paochung Teas in Muzha
木柵に鉄観音茶と包種茶の起源を尋ねる
 
 
為了防範原住民與漢籍移民持續發生衝突,於乾隆八年(1743年)漢人便在景美溪右岸(今道南橋附近)圍以木頭柵欄,這便是「木柵」地名的由來。
 
        As a precaution against continued conflicts between Taiwan’s indigenous peoples and early Chinese settlers, a fence of timber palings was erected around the right bank of the Jingmei River (near the modern Daonan Bridge) by the Chinese in 1743. This is the origin of the name Muzha (“wooden palings”), a suburb of Taipei City.
 
    原住民と移民してきた漢民族間の衝突を避けるため、乾隆8年(1743年)、漢民族は景美渓の右岸(現在の道南橋付近)を木製の作で囲いました。これが「木柵」という地名の由来です。
 
 
指南里和安溪原鄉的地形、氣候相似,說明了安溪人擇定此處為落地所在的原因。當時遷移的大部分是張姓族群,和少數廖、周、林、高等姓,終於在此地落土,並且拾起先祖流傳下來的農業技術。指南里山區以往的農作物有柑橘、蕃薯、水稻、茶等,但後來茶的經濟效益提高,才將大部分耕地轉為耕種茶。
 
        The terrain and climate of the Zhinan area of Muzha and Anxi in Fujian province are quite similar, explaining why Chinese immigrants from Anxi chose this site to settle down. At the time, most people were from the Zhang clan, with some surnamed Liao, Zhou, Lin, and Gao, and they finally set roots here and picked up the farming techniques inherited from their ancestors. The hilly regions of the Zhinan area had formerly been used for growing oranges, sweet potatoes, paddy rice, and tea. With the rising economic importance of tea, much of the land was converted to cultivating tea bushes.
 
  南里と彼らの故郷である安渓の地形、気候はよく似ており、安渓人がこの地に根を下ろした理由を示しています。当時、移民してきた人々の大部分が張姓で、ほかに廖、周、林、高などの姓が少数ありました。それらの人々は最終的にこの地に落ち着き、先祖代々伝わる農業技術を生活の糧としたのです。南里地区産の農作物には、みかん、いも、米、茶などがありますが、後に茶の収益が高まり、大部分の耕地が茶畑となったのです。
 
 
  木柵現有茶種,有三、四十種之多,有從福建省移植的傳統品種,如水仙、梅占、烏龍、武夷、烏奇蘭……等,也有來台後所研發的新品種,如青心烏龍、大葉烏龍、青心大冇、硬枝紅心、金萱、翠玉。其中,最負盛名的當然是鐵觀音茶。
 
  There are as many as 30 or 40 varieties of tea in Muzha. They include traditional varieties transplanted from Fujian, such as Shuixian, Meizhan, Oolong, Wuyi (Bohea), and Ooqilan, as well as new ones developed later in Taiwan, such as Qingxin Oolong, Dah Yeh Oolong, Qingxin Damou, Yingzhi Hongxin, Jinxuan, and Cuiyu. Of course, the most famous is Tie Kuanyin tea.
 
  現在、木柵では340種類を超える茶を栽培しています。福建省から移植された伝統的な品種─水仙、梅占、烏龍、武夷、烏奇蘭などのほか、来台後に研究開発された新品種─青心烏龍、大葉烏龍、青心、金萱、翠玉などもあります。当然のことながらその中で最も知られているのが鉄観音茶です。
 
 
  木柵鐵觀音,和文山包種茶之有今日蓬勃朝氣,無論茶種與製造技藝都當溯源於武夷、安溪。鐵觀音在安溪發源於嶢陽山的松林頭,有兩百年的歷史。張迺妙茶師於光緒二十一年(1895年),引進十二株鐵觀音茶苗,在木柵樟湖地區進行栽培。之後受聘為「台北州廳巡迴茶師」十年,普遍教習包種茶、烏龍茶之技藝與各階層茶業界人士。當時屬文山郡轄管範圍,包括:木柵、景美、深坑、石碇、新店、坪林等地區。所以有今日「文山包種茶」之美名。
 
  Tie Kuanyin tea of Muzha and Paochung tea of Wenshan are among the most popular today. In terms of both tea variety and production techniques, their roots trace back to the Wuyi and Anxi regions of China. Tie Kuanyin has its origins two hundred years ago among the pine-forested tops of Mt. Yaoyang. In 1895, tea master Zhang Naimiao brought twelve Tie kuanyin tea saplings to Taiwan and proceeded to cultivate them in the Zhanghu area of Muzha. Afterwards, he was employed as “Master Tea Inspector of the Taipei Department” for ten years, spreading his knowledge about the art of Paochung and Oolong tea with various people in the tea industry. At that time, the districts under the jurisdiction of the Wenshan prefecture included Muzha, Jingmei, Shenkeng, Shiding, Xindian, and Pinglin--hence the famous name today as “Paochung Tea of Wenshan”.
 
  木柵の鉄観音茶は、文山の包種茶とともに今日最も盛んに栽培されている人気種で、茶種と製茶技術のいずれもが武夷、安渓を源としています。鉄観音茶は、安渓の嶢陽山の松林頭から興り、二百年の歴史を有しています。光緒21年(1895年)、迺妙茶師が鉄観音茶の苗12株を取り寄せ、木柵の樟湖地区で栽培を始めました。その後、迺妙茶師は「台北州廰巡回茶師」を10年勤め、包種茶や烏龍茶の栽培技術を茶業界の各階級の人々に伝授しました。当時、木柵、景美、深坑、石、新店、坪林などが文山郡の管轄地域でしたので、今日でも「文山包種茶」の美名があるのです。
 
  民國七年(1918年),木柵農會創立。
  In 1918, the Muzha Farmers’ Association was established.
  民国7年(1918年),木柵農会創設。
 
  民國八年(1919年),木柵第一家茶業公司──木柵茶業公司成立。
  In 1919, the first tea company in Muzha--Muzha Tea Company--was established.
  民国8年(1919年),木柵初の茶葉の製造販売会社─木柵茶業公司創立。
 
  民國十五年(1926年)五月十日,規模更大的文山茶業株式會社成立,社長張德明延請張迺妙茶師為廠長,三度赴武夷、安溪。由張福堂、鄭再來二位先生出資購買鐵觀音茶苗千株;大部份栽植於張福堂先生居家後山,及少數茶農戶之間。
  On May 10, 1926, the Wenshan Tea Co., Ltd., was established on a larger scale. The director, Zhang Deming, engaged as factory head the services of tea master Zhang Naimiao, who made three trips to Wuyi and Anxi. Messrs. Zhang Futang and Zheng Zailai put up capital to purchase a thousand Tie Kuanyin tea saplings, most of which were planted in the hills behind Zhang Futang’s home, and a few among tea farmers.
  民国15年(1926年)510、最も規模の大きい文山茶業株式会社が設立されました。社長である張徳明は、張迺妙茶師に工場長を勤めてもらい、武夷、安渓に三度足を運びました。張福堂、鄭再来両氏が出資して鉄観音茶の苗千株を購入し、その大部分が張福堂氏の住居の裏山に植えられ、何軒かの茶農家でも栽培されました。
 
  民國四十二年(1953年),政府提倡由農會擔任茶葉推廣工作,茶農的生活才有所改善。
  In 1953, the government promoted tea via the Farmers’ Association, resulting in improvement in the lives of tea farmers.
  民国42年(1953年)、政府は農会に対して、茶の栽培の推進と普及を担うよう指示し、茶農家の生活もいくらか改善されました。
 
民國六十九年(1980年),前總統李登輝先生於台北市長任內設立木柵觀光茶園,當時接受輔導的茶農為五十三家,直到民國七十九年(1990年)之後,接受輔導的茶農增加到八十三家,為全台第一個觀光茶園,使得木柵的茶業邁入新的發展階段。
In 1980, former president Lee Teng-hui, when he was previously serving as mayor of Taipei, established the Muzha Sightseeing Tea Park, involving the cooperation of 53 tea farmers at the time. After 1990, the number of tea farmers in the cooperative venture was increased to 83, becoming the premier tourist tea park in Taiwan and bringing the Muzha tea industry to new heights.
民国69年(1980年)、前総統・李登輝氏が台北市長を務めていた際、「木柵観光茶園」が設立されました。当時、指導を受けた茶農家は53戸、その後、民国79年(1990年)までに83戸の茶農家が指導を受け、台湾初の観光茶園が、木柵の茶業を新たな発展段階へと導いたのです。
 
民國七十四年(1985年)建設局興建並設立台北市鐵觀音、包種茶展示中心。民國八十三年設立水土保持戶外教室。
In 1985, the Taipei City Department of Economic Development built the Taipei Tea Promotion Center for Tie Kuanyin and Paochung Tea. In 1994, a water and soil conservancy outdoor classroom was also established.
民国74年(1985年)、建設局により「台北市鉄観音・包種茶展示センター」が開設されました。民国83年には、自然保護屋外教室が開講されました。
 
民國84年(1995年)設立張迺妙茶師紀念館。致力推廣中國茶文化及介紹鐵觀音來台歷史。
In 1995 , the Teamaster Chang Nai-miao Memorial Hall was founded, trying to promote Chinese tea culture as well as helping people to understand the history of how tiekuanyin tea was introduced to Taiwan.
民国84年(1995年)に、張迺妙茶師記念館を設立いたしました。台湾における中国茶文化及び木柵鉄観音の歴史を積極的に推進して行きたいと思います。